Bentlee

Bentlee

Sweet little Bentlee!

Sweet little Bentlee!




Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back to school!!!

So after taking a 9 month break from school (one that i never should have taken in the first place!!!!) I have finally got my butt back into gear and called my enrollment counselor and set up an appointment for next Wednesday with him to go get back into school!!! Hurray!!! I have been having such a hard time trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up, I love psychology and everything that it involves and thats what i had originally been taking classes for before i quit. But lately I have had a case of the "I dont want to get my masters, it takes way to long itis" yes I know it's a very serious disease!!! So i was trying to think of some other career that doesnt take to much brain power or schooling, and then it hit me!! I'll be a High School teacher!!! Now dont get me wrong im not saying that just anyone can be a teacher (trust me many of the teachers i had in high school should have reconsidered their job choice!!) or that you are not smart by choosing to be one!! All I am saying is that it takes what 2 maybe 3 years to become a teacher..... ok maybe 4. But still thats a heck of a lot quicker than getting my masters right!? WRONGO!!!!!!!!!!!!! the school that I plan on attending does not offer a secondary education degree in the bachelors program!!! You still have to get a masters!!!!!!!!!! GAH!!!! I cant escape it!! So do you wanna know what I did? Well I will tell you, I let my very short lived dream of becoming a high school teacher die out quite quickly(it was a very tearful and heart wrenching goodbye!!) and asked my enrollment counselor to get me set back up to do the psychology route!!! Shoot I figure if I have to get my Masters degree either way then it's going to be in something that I love and find interesting!!! So wish me luck over the next couple weeks as I try my best to get back into the swing of things!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you that you took the iniative to get going. Time is wasting and it will be done before you know it. I love you, Emilee.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete